Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Things you learn in games

Just finished Max Payne-2. Interesting game, my favourite kind... lotsa shooting, guns, wit, film-noir setting, sexy babe who can pack a wallop , great sound and intense, though cliched, story. It is a short game but immense fun. Anyways due to being a film-noirish story there is a lot of cynical and dry dialogues sprinkled throughout the game One such dialogue really caught my attention. Hence this article so that I can place it on a mantle for all of you to enjoy.

"There are no choices. Nothing but straight lines. The illusions come afterwards when you ask 'Why me?' and 'What if?' When you look back, see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree or forked lightening. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions.'

Explosive isn't it:) The writer for Max Payne was Sam Lake and he also wrote a song especially for he game called 'The Last Goodbye' The song also has its own importance but I will keep that as the subject of my another blog.