Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Ides of March

Beware the Ides of March Ides of March they said. He did not and fell prey to the scheming sycophants and the misguided friends close to him. This was thousand of years ago.

Yesterday was the Ides of March and I had my warnings. I almost went the way of Caesar but clear sense prevailed and I was saved. Maybe I am being melodramatic but the 15th of this month is quite a date for me as it is closure of all the year’s finances for my company. In other words means that it is the last day to put in your claims. People who know me will realize how this is one of the most difficult chores for me. Nonetheless this time I grit my teeth and managed to find every damn bill from the whole of last year and (surprise, surprise!!!) managed to file all of them in TIME!!!

It saved me a hell lot of money and pleasantly surprised all people close to me (especially my darling). I even managed to get a few comments on my growing sense of responsibility and maturity. Luckily for me she does not know that I watched WWE at night. : D

Getting back to the claims part, is it just me who hates taking care of all the bills and making claims to the finance departments? An open question to all of you. Please feel free to use the comments link to answer.